Santorini its not only the views and the cosmopolitan life. Its something more than that. Walk with us through traditional villages of Santorini...
We will introduce you the other side of Santorini.
Traditional mansions in Messaria and ''captains Houses''.
Panoramic view from Pyrgos village with its middle age Monastery and castle relics.
Narrow alleys that look more like a maze, picturesque squares with white painted houses and blue details, Βougainvillea tree.
Traditional village of Akrotiri with its on castle since Venetian Era and Emporio village with its castle ruins and churches...
Join us in something different...
- Pick up from your hotel: or any other place of your choice
- Messaria village: and the captains houses. The posh area of the island back in 19th century
- Pyrgos village: We will visit the monastery situated in the highest point of the island. Built on the 18th Century still operating from Greek orthodox monks. Food sampling from completely organic products that monks are making and of course panoramic view of the all over the island. Theological lesson from our guide about Greek religion, chanting and Byzantine music. After that a small stop at the village of Pyrgos, which used to be the former capital of the island during the harsh era o f the Pirates era.
- Akrotiri Village: Together we will explore the best sustained castle / citadel of a ruler that used to be alive 500 years ago. We will see how the people were leaving and how they were protecting their lives. We will listen stories and legends about a hard era dead long time ago. We will drive all around the village and we will see also the real life of Santorini. Also we will have the chance of visit an abandon house of the previous century. Also a quick visit in the unique red beach is mandatory.
- Emporio Village: Emporio village its a little village far away from what you knew about Santorini. Our visit will start from the main square and the big Greek orthodox church of the modern village. Then we will see the defensive system of the locals against the hordes of the pirates. Narrow alleys, little windows and doors, bells everything has a meaning and a reason...Stay close to your guide and listen all the information he has to give you. Moreover, we guarantee you a scenery that only in movies you have seen. Optional a visit at the black beach and the church of the Santa Irina, the reason why the island is been named Santorini.
- Drop off: at your hotel.
Duration: 4h. (any additional hour, charged extra)
Optional wine tasting during sunset time or
Lunch at traditional or modern Greek tavern by the seafront.
Tickets and meals are not included.